Every time summer gets here, we can’t wait to get our bucket list made that will include all our best adventures for the summer, trying out new things, and living life carefree. With less than 30 days left of summer, for most of us, now is the perfect time to fit in any last minute bucket list items you had! Summer ’17 has been all about time spent with family and friends, preparing ourselves for the upcoming school year, and doing things we never thought possible last summer. All in all, it has been one for the books! Time to go out with a bang!
1. Here are a few last minute bucket list items you can add to your impressive list-
2. Enjoy live music at your county or state fair
3. Cook everything on a grill & invite your friends over for a fun night
4. Take a nap in a hammock
5. Watch/catch the fireflies at dusk
6. Take a family (or friends) photo just because
7. Do a three-day technology detox (that means no social media!)
8. Read 3 books off the NYT best seller’s list
9. Fly a kite
10. Clean out your closet and declutter around the house
11. Take a trip to the zoo or aquarium
12. Attend a baseball game & splurge on the good seats
13. Dance in the rain instead of running inside to avoid it
14. Have an all-day Netflix move marathon
15. Volunteer locally
For more bucket list items, take a look here https://www.pinterest.com/explore/summer-bucket-lists/?lp=true
Helpful Move-out Tips to Avoid Any Potential Charges
Jul 05, 2017
Moving can be very stressful so we wanted to provide you with a few tips to make move-out day a little easier.
Things to do before the move
• Go to usps.com to have your mail forwarded
• Cancel or redirect any deliveries or subscriptions
• Back up your files! You never know what can happen to your computer during a move
• Check for any packages at the office
• Transfer any utilities, cable, water, etc. if applicable
• Arrange for movers or moving help
• Eat any perishable food you have
Cleaning the Apartment
• Floors – Vacuum or sweep floors prior to checkout
• Kitchen - Clean kitchen sink, faucet, cabinets and countertops. Don’t forget to clear off the top of kitchen cabinets!
• Range and microwave - Clean all parts of the oven, range, and microwave, including exterior.
• Refrigerator - Clean all parts of the refrigerator and freezer including exterior. After cleaning, leave refrigerator temperature setting on 1 and turn off the ice maker.
• Closets, Cabinets, Drawers, Shelves and Backsplashes - Remove all shelf paper, contact paper and adhesive residue.
• Bathroom – Clean toilet, bathtub, mirror, walls and floors.
• Doors and walls - Remove all hooks, nails, stickers and tape. DO NOT PATCH NAIL HOLES—Patching may result in charges
• Window areas - Remove all stickers and tape. Clean inside of windows including tracks. Remove any curtains installed. Dust blinds.
• If your apartment is furnished, remove the cushions and vacuum out anything that may have fallen during your stay.
• All trash/ trash bags must be disposed of in the proper receptacle. Any trash left in the apartment or in the hallway is subject to a fine.
What To Donate
• Non-perishable food
• School/office/art supplies
• Pillows/mattress toppers
• Sporting equipment
• Working/non-working electronics and small appliances
What Not To Donate
• Cleaning products
• Used toiletries
• Food - open, expired, or perishable
• Anything badly stained, soiled, worn, torn, broken or missing parts
• Turn in your keys to staff. Failure to return all keys will result in a charge to re-core locks.
• Provide a forwarding address
The start of a new school year is an exciting time for every Wolf Pack member, but it also means you’ll have a packed schedule and a to-do list 100 miles long. We’d like to make it a little easier for you to keep up with, so we’ve put together some important dates to get you through syllabus week at the University of Nevada Reno:
• Last day to register for classes at the University of Nevada Reno: August 25, 2017
• Classes Start for Wolf Packers: August 28, 2017
• The last day to drop any classes that might not be the right fit is. Be careful though, make sure you still have enough hours to be a full time student: September 7, 2017
• The first day off, we know you need it: Sept 4th Labor day, yup University of Nevada Reno is off that day
Here is a link with some more important University dates and deadlines
Hoping all of you Wolf Packers have a great fall semester!